What is Dental Monitoring?
Dental Monitoring is a technology that remotely tracks orthodontic treatment progress. It employs a mobile app and hardware to capture and transmit images of a patient's teeth or orthodontic devices. This enables orthodontists to monitor changes without frequent in-person visits.
What are the benefits of Dental Monitoring?
Benefits of Dental Monitoring:
- Convenience: Dental Monitoring eliminates the need for numerous in-person appointments, saving time and effort for patients.
- Remote Oversight: Orthodontists can remotely assess treatment progress, making adjustments as necessary, and identifying issues early.
- Efficiency: Regular monitoring through Dental Monitoring can lead to optimized treatment plans and potentially shorter overall treatment times.
- Early Issue Detection: Problems can be identified early, preventing potential delays or complications in the treatment process.
- Compliance Improvement: The app often includes reminders and guidance, promoting better adherence to treatment instructions.
- Emergency Reduction: By catching problems before they escalate, the technology minimizes the occurrence of unexpected orthodontic emergencies.
- Communication: Patients can communicate with their orthodontists through the app, enhancing the overall treatment experience.
What to Expect During the Dental Monitoring Process:
- Setup: Patients receive necessary hardware and guidance on using it.
- App Use: Patients install the Dental Monitoring app, follow instructions to take images of their teeth, and upload them.
- Image Submission: Captured images are securely sent to the orthodontist's portal for assessment.
- Orthodontist Review: The orthodontist reviews the images to evaluate treatment progress and adjusts the plan if needed.
- Scheduled Captures: Patients continue to take images at specified intervals according to their treatment plan.
- In-Person Visits: Although reduced, some physical appointments are still necessary for comprehensive evaluations.
If you would like to learn more about Dental Monitoring and how it can work for you, call us today and one of our friendly staff members can answer all of your questions.