What is the Advanced Orthodontics treatment?
Advanced Orthodontics refers to a specialized branch of orthodontic treatment that employs advanced techniques, including the use of temporary anchors, to achieve complex tooth movements and address intricate orthodontic issues. Temporary anchors, also known as orthodontic mini-implants or temporary skeletal anchorage devices (TSADs), are strategically placed to provide additional support and control during treatment.
What are the benefits of Advanced Orthodontics?
Benefits of advanced Orthodontics:
- Complex Issue Resolution: Advanced Orthodontics is particularly effective in addressing complex cases that involve challenging tooth movements or severe misalignments.
- Precise Control: The use of temporary anchors allows orthodontists to exert precise control over tooth positioning, enabling more accurate results.
- Reduced Treatment Time: By facilitating optimal tooth movements, Advanced Orthodontics can potentially lead to shorter treatment durations compared to traditional methods.
- Minimized Need for Extractions: In certain cases, complex movements might eliminate the need for tooth extractions, preserving a patient's natural dentition.
- Improved Aesthetics: With better control over tooth positioning, the final outcome often results in improved facial aesthetics and a harmonious smile.
- Enhanced Comfort: The controlled movements achieved through Advanced Orthodontics typically lead to reduced discomfort during treatment.
What to expect during the Advanced Orthodontics process:
- Consultation: The process begins with an initial consultation where the orthodontist evaluates your dental condition and discusses treatment options.
- Treatment Planning: If Advanced Orthodontics is deemed suitable, a customized treatment plan is developed based on your specific needs and goals.
- Temporary Anchor Placement: Temporary anchors are strategically inserted into the jawbone to provide additional support during tooth movements.
- Appliance Installation: Depending on your case, braces, aligners, or other orthodontic appliances might be used in conjunction with the temporary anchors.
- Monitoring and Adjustments: Regular appointments will be scheduled for monitoring progress and making necessary adjustments to the treatment plan.
- Tooth Movements: Over the course of treatment, your orthodontist will guide the controlled movements of your teeth to achieve the desired results.
- Final Stages: Once the desired tooth positions are attained, the temporary anchors are removed, and the remaining treatment steps are completed.
- Retention Phase: After active treatment, a retention phase follows to ensure the teeth maintain their new positions over time.
- Follow-up Appointments: Post-treatment follow-up appointments will be scheduled to ensure the long-term success of the orthodontic results.
If you would like to learn more about Advanced Orthodontics and how it can work for you, call us today and one of our friendly staff members can answer all of your questions.